Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Favorite Games

Perhaps on of my all time favorite games is Kingdom Hearts 2 from Square Enix

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_II



This has been one of my favorite games since I first played it years ago, I would play it for hours and hours totally engrossed in the Final Fantasy type game play and the nostalgia playing through many of my favorite Disney Lands.
The story line of this game is absolutely amazing maintaining strong ties into the world of the beloved Final Fantasy yet standing on its own among its competition. Its been years since I've religiously played this game yet I can still recall details from its story line. I know that's what I really like in a game when I can still know every piece from it yet I haven't played in awhile, that's the mark of a truly memorable game.
The graphics for this game stand on their own. For the time it was made it was one of the most beautiful and well designed games you could play for the PS2, what with being able to see the way the wind blows through the main character Sora's hair or the anguish on the character Riku's face as the story proceeds. Square Enix really outdid themselves on this game and kept up with the quality that many of their followers expected.
Expected to come out sometime in the next couple years is the much anticipated final to the Kingdom Heart's trilogy, Kingdom Hearts 3. Kingdom Hearts 3 is expected out for the PS4 and is supposed to feature all new lands such as the world of "Frozen" and much more as well as the stunning graphics that come with any game for the PS4, these graphics are anticipated to not only blow the competition away but also blow the minds of its players.


The second game is a tie between Silent Hill and Blazing Dragons.
Blazing Dragons cover.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blazing_Dragons_(video_game)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Hill

I chose Silent Hill because there is just something about the psychological aspect of the game that is so haunting and stays with the player for awhile to come. The graphics of the game are awful but for its time it was a truly ground breaking game not only for its game play but for the new psychological horror genre it opened up.

As for Blazing Dragons, the game play is mediocre but the story is absolutely hilarious and the game holds a special place in my heart since my dad and I used to play this game for hours together, and he's the reason I love video games today.

No comments:

Post a Comment